Strategic Stakeholder Relationship Manager Exeter California Jobs – We invite you to apply for Strategic Stakeholder Relationship Manager to help us make a difference to our planet and work a hybrid pattern of homeworking and office-based work in Exeter HQ.
A superb opportunity has arisen at the Met Office to join the National Engagement team. This friendly and high-performing team manages a range of important corporate functions on behalf of the Met Office Executive and supports the delivery of the Met Office’s Corporate Strategy.
You will play a leading role in key corporate activities which protect the Met Office’s reputation and ensure that stakeholders in government and parliament have access to authoritative weather and climate science information and advice in order to inform their decision-making.
This is a busy and varied working environment and you will support a wide range of high-profile activities involving select committees, parliamentarians, ministers, and government officials. As well as working with senior stakeholders inside and outside the Met Office, you will play an important role internally, joining up with other teams across the directorate and office, informing decision-making through external insights, and building awareness and skills.
People development and encouraging professional growth is at the core of the Met Office’s ethos, and this role will provide numerous exciting opportunities for learning and development, tailored to individual needs and goals.
|Posted Date||May 15, 2023|
|Job Location||Exeter-California, USA|
|Salary||£37418 – £41159 per annum|
- Developing and managing relationships with strategic stakeholders with a focus on UK Parliament, Northern Ireland Assembly, Scottish Parliament, the Welsh Assembly, and key associated committees, to protect and build the Met Office’s reputation;
Analyzing the external Parliamentary stakeholder landscape to inform Met Office decision-making;
Managing Met Office Parliamentary business and other formal activities to ensure mandatory responsibilities are delivered in a timely manner;
Providing advice on strategic alignment, opportunities, and engagement to enhance Met Office’s impact across the UK’s governments and parliaments.
- Manage the Met Office’s parliamentary business, with support from subject matter experts, to ensure mandatory responsibilities are delivered to set deadlines and the Met Office’s reputation is upheld.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the Parliamentary process to guide approach and provide advice to colleagues.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive overview of relevant Parliamentary activity that affects the Met Office and share relevant insights in a timely manner to inform decision-making, alignment, service development, and engagement.
- Coordinate the Met Office’s response to departmental consultations and Parliamentary Select Committee inquiries, working closely with colleagues from across the office, to ensure that Met Office interests are appropriately represented and inquiries and consultations have robust scientific evidence on which to base their reports.
- Build strong relationships across the office raising awareness of the work of the team and when to engage with us. Help build wider awareness of the work of Government and Parliament, how Met Office work contributes to these, and help develop policy-related skills and understanding.
- Contribute to cross-team initiatives and provide surge support on urgent corporate priorities. Play an active role in maintaining the National Engagement team as a proactive, forward-thinking, and expert function.
- Strong knowledge of the internal workings of Government and Parliament, and the processes, requirements, and sensitivities relevant to engagement.
- This includes for example engagement with Select Committees, submissions to Government consultations, or official correspondence.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and influence working relationships with a network of internal stakeholders, including some at the senior level.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to understand issues quickly, simplify complexity and provide insight and recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to respond to changing priorities and deliver to deadlines at short notice.
- Quick learner with a willingness to develop a broad knowledge of Met Office capabilities and their application across government policy and customers, to maximise mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience in stakeholder management, building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships. This should ideally be within a parliamentary, public sector, or government environment.
- High quality and rapidly written communication skills, including experience communicating complex technical information in a way that is easily understood, with particular relevance to Government and Parliament audiences, such as MPs, Select Committee Clerks, and government officials.
How to Apply For Strategic Stakeholder Relationship Manager Exeter California Jobs:
If you meet these qualifications and are passionate and energetic about Strategic Stakeholder Relationship Manager, we encourage you to apply for the position of Strategic Stakeholder Relationship Manager at Met Office USA. Visit apply now button below to apply.
If this job is helpful for you please share it with your friends or family Thanks.