Senior Director Marketing Strategy Marriott International New York USA Jobs – We invite you to apply and also lead various other business-critical marketing and brand initiatives (e.g., Marriott Media network growth strategy, marketing/analytics operating model, etc.).
The Senior Director of Marketing Strategy is a key leader on the Global Brand & Marketing extended leadership team, serving as the strategic and analytical lead on key marketing and brand initiatives.
She/he will be a thought leader and strategic partner interacting with internal and external constituencies, including Officer-level and c-suite-level stakeholders, to build effective marketing and brand strategies by bringing data/analysis to bear on business challenges.
This role will serve as the global leader for Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) as a function, overseeing all efforts to optimize the impact of our hundreds of millions of dollars of annual marketing spend.
In this role, you will envision the future state return on marketing investment, build the operating model, develop the plan to roll it out globally across all marketing teams (in partnership with Analytics), and then manage the execution and ongoing tracking.
This role requires someone with a strong analytical toolkit as well as significant experience in global, large-scale transformations.
Additionally, it is an inherently global and cross-functional role because there are numerous teams with marketing dollars (e.g., paid media, partnerships, continent teams, loyalty, etc.) and there must be governance, processes, and reporting in place to support all teams.
The Senior Director of Marketing Strategy will lead various other business-critical marketing and brand initiatives (e.g., Marriott Media network growth strategy, marketing/analytics operating model, etc.).
While projects will vary, they will involve managing cross-functional stakeholders/processes, gathering relevant data, and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses to improve brand and marketing efforts and drive better business outcomes (i.e. improve short-term revenue and long-term brand-building ROI). Core partners include Analytics, Loyalty, the Brand teams, Digital, Finance, and CX.
|Posted Date||May 23, 2023|
|Job Location||New York, USA|
|Salary||$150,011.00 to $275,021.00 per Year|
- Marketing Lead for all Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) work.
- Lead Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) as a global function – setting the vision, determining the right operating model, creating the roll-out roadmap, and leading the team and external partners to execute.
- Ensure executive leadership buy-in on ROMI and alignment with the strategic direction of ROMI with key cross-functional partners (e.g., finance leadership, continent presidents, global officers, etc.).
- Partner with the Analytics team and external partners to ensure our full-funnel market measurement toolkit (i.e., models, experimentation, etc.) meets our marketing business needs.
- Establish and manage processes to incorporate marketing performance measurement into budgeting & governance processes.
- Develop and monitor key marketing performance metrics related to ROMI and LTV.
- Derive insights from marketing performance tracking to drive improved allocation of marketing spend (balancing short-term returns and long-term brand building).
- Lead marketing performance reporting across all levels of the company and globally to ensure comparability, accuracy, and focus on the right business metrics for the right audience (e.g., senior execs vs. marketing operators).
- Define global marketing strategy.
- Develop long-term marketing strategies, including identifying future skills, capabilities, ways of working, and tech needs and the roadmap to implement.
- Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of consumer, competitive, and industry trends (e.g., changes in the data privacy landscape), and identify opportunities to incorporate new strategies or tactics into our marketing approach.
- Continuously evaluate and refine marketing strategies and tactics to ensure they remain effective and in line with evolving market trends and customer preferences.
- Lead key marketing strategy projects in partnership with the marketing leadership team.
- Partner with other marketing leaders (e.g., head of paid media, head of owned channels, loyalty team, etc.) on key business challenges that they face.
- Deconstruct business challenges to understand root causes, determine appropriate quantitative and qualitative analyses required to solve, derive insights from data and translate them into actionable strategies.
- Collaborate with partner teams to gather data, information, and perspectives.
- Manage stakeholders across teams to drive forward processes and support the roll-out of key projects.
- Deliver executive communication and demonstrate significant influence management skills.
- Build “executive-ready” decks and frequently present them to senior executives (global officers, c-suite) and large audiences (owner groups).
- Translate challenging, technical topics into narratives that can be understood by audiences with varying levels of background/understanding.
- Shape narratives using data and insights to ensure comprehension of key challenges, insights, and proposed actions.
- Gain credibility with senior leaders while challenging the status quo.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and strategy expertise (e.g., structuring and analyzing ambiguous problems, independently conducting analyses driving implications from complex data).
- Strong analytical skills – demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets from a variety of internal and external sources, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Expertise in data analysis in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to shape data-driven narratives about customer and brand opportunities.
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams, using data and insights to influence decision-making.
- Sensitivity to global communication needs.
- Knowledge of marketing and media, including trends, analytics, and approaches to marketing experiment/pilot design (e.g., matched-market, A/B, pre/post, people-based, etc.).
- Demonstrated problem-solving and strategy expertise (e.g., structuring and analyzing ambiguous problems, independently conducting analyses driving implications from complex data)
- Strong analytical skills – demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets from a variety of internal and external sources, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions
- Expertise with data analysis in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to shape data-driven narratives about customer and brand opportunities
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams, using data and insights to influence decision-making
- Sensitivity to global communication needs
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related major.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Strategy Consulting, Banking/Finance, Market Research, Marketing Analytics, or similar analytical role.
- 3+ years of managerial experience.
- MBA or another relevant graduate degree (e.g., data science, business analytics)
- Knowledge of marketing and media, including trends, analytics, and approaches to marketing experiment/pilot design (e.g., matched-market, A/B, pre/post, people-based, etc.)
- Expertise with data analysis tools such as SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
How to Apply For Senior Director Marketing Strategy Marriott International New York USA Jobs:
If you meet these qualifications and are passionate and energetic about Evening Operations Associate, we encourage you to apply for the position of Senior Director Marketing Strategy Marriott International New York USA Jobs. Visit apply now button below to apply.
If this job is helpful for you please share it with your friends or family Thanks.