Principal EHSS Engineer Silver Spring USA Jobs – We invite you to apply and become part of the project this role will design, implement and maintain EHSS policies, programs, and operational procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations and corporate standards under the direction of Corporate EHSS Management.
The Principal Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHSS) Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring the compliance and workplace environmental, health, safety, and sustainability objectives with the aim of preventing work-related injury and illness, providing safe and healthy workplaces, stewarding product hazard communication, emergency preparedness, protecting the environment, responding to changing environmental and climate conditions, and achieving UT’s global EHSS compliance obligations.
We build on the strength of our research and development expertise and a distinctive, entrepreneurial culture that encourages diversity, innovation, creativity, sustainability, and, simply, fun. Since its inception, our mission has been to find a cure for pulmonary arterial hypertension and other life-threatening diseases.
Toward this goal we have successfully gained FDA approval for five medicines, we are always conducting new clinical trials, and we are working to create an unlimited supply of manufactured organs for transplantation. We are the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC).
|Location||Silver Spring USA|
- Contribute to planning efforts and achievement of the overall strategic goals for EHSS.
- Develop EHSS continuous process improvement and sustained practices.
- Communicate and align EHSS-focused corporate social responsibility management systems with United Therapeutics’ mission and values.
- Serve as the “go to” leader in supporting business growth through involvement in engineering design and assessing new projects and processes for EHSS impact with active participation in owner, architect, and contractor meetings for large and complex projects.
- Apply significant and proven leadership and technical expertise in environmental compliance and stewardship including air, water, hazardous waste, and materials. .management, and chemical reporting; support program implementation corporate-wide and drive continuous improvement and sustainability practices.
- Apply significant and proven leadership and technical expertise in product stewardship, qualitative occupational exposure assessments, and highly potent compound safety.
- Apply significant and proven leadership technical expertise in health and safety compliance including injury and illness prevention, materials handling, energy control, biosafety, radiation safety, laboratory safety, personal protective equipment assessments, occupational health, fall protection, and emergency preparedness.
- Develop and oversee assigned projects and programs requiring advanced knowledge of EHSS engineering principles, practices, and regulatory requirements and coordination of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and oversee assigned programs such as product stewardship, environmental compliance, sustainability, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, occupational medicine, employee protection, and emergency preparedness.
- Develop and oversee water use and discharge control programs including permit writing, agency notifications, monitoring requirements, periodic sampling, user reports, and records retention.
- Develop and oversee site waste management including pollution prevention, chemical and biological waste removal, waste profiles, maintaining manifests, conducting inspections, and environmental reporting and records retention.
- Complete chemical reporting and community right-to-know submittals and present data to external stakeholders.
- Proactively interpret potential issues and recommend engineering controls for hazards such as biological, highly potent compounds, chemicals, energy, flammable liquids, and fall protection.
- Develop and implement temporary worker and contractor safety protocols.
- Serve as a key contributor in the management of change such as program audits and inspections, make recommendations through written technical reports, effectively communicate findings and close out audit reports.
- Develop, plan, and implement EHS training and awareness programs hands-on, online, and hybrid.
- Maintain EHSS management system documents, records, metrics tracking, and reporting. Communicate results, and identify and address trends as appropriate.
- Exercise good judgment in evaluating jobs, processes, and operations and communicating with management and senior leaders to ensure compliance.
- Lead UT management in incident investigation with effective root cause analysis and corrective actions identified and tracked to completion.
- Provide input to corporate crisis management planning and implement EHSS aspects such as emergency planning and drills for UT locations.
- Respond to emergency situations such as injuries, illnesses, life safety, and environmental releases during business hours, after-hours, and/or on weekends if necessary.
- Use discretion and confidentiality in certain sensitive situations as appropriate and as required by law.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations with the ability to interpret regulatory issues and provide a recommended action plan.
- Proven track record with successful interface with multi-level regulatory agency personnel.
- EHSS management systems lead auditing experience.
- Implement a complex multi-module EHS management system.
- Project management skills with attention to detail, timelines, and results.
- EHS Training delivery and effective communication.
- Decisive action orientation with a sense of urgency to achieve EHS and corporate goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain a strong EHS culture.
- Integrity and alignment with EHS mission and values.
- Demonstrated high-performing team leader and internal client collaborative work relationship building.
- Ability to manage multiple goals and assess situations to adjust priority work for self and others.
- Decisive action orientation with a demonstrated drive for results and goal attainment.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs and other job-specific software.
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in chemical engineering, sciences, environmental, health, and safety, or related technical discipline or Master’s degree (MA/MS/MBA) in chemical engineering, sciences, environmental, health, and safety or related technical discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in chemical, life sciences, pharmaceutical, or another related field if you are a graduate.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in chemical, life sciences, pharmaceutical, or another related field if you have a master’s degree.
- 8+ years of EHSS experience in high-level expansion projects.
- Significant experience in an FDA-regulated environment.
How to Apply For Principal EHSS Engineer Silver Spring USA Jobs:
If you meet these qualifications and are passionate and energetic about Principal EHSS Engineer, we encourage you to apply for the position of Principal EHSS Engineer at Silver Spring USA Jobs. Visit apply now button below to apply.
If this job is helpful for you please share it with your friends or family Thanks.