Director of Development Genesys Works New York USA Jobs – We invite you to apply and Oversee the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of communications activities core to supporting GWNYC’s revenue strategy, including the organization’s website, production of newsletters, annual reports, and social media
Genesys Works is a national leader in providing pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities through skills training, meaningful work experiences, and impactful relationships.
Founded in 2002 in Houston, Genesys Works currently operates in seven cities across the country and we are positioned for future growth. Genesys Works NYC (GWNYC) was launched in 2019 and is a rapidly growing site currently supporting more than 55 interns. In response to the New York City market’s increasing demand for diverse entry-level talent, GWNYC plans to triple in size over the next three years.
As we work to increase our impact, Genesys Works NYC has an exciting opportunity for a strategic business leader to join our team as the Director of Development. Reporting directly to the Executive Director (“ED”), the Director of Development serves as a member of the New York City site’s senior leadership team. Working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Board of Advisors, and staff, they will establish and lead an effective multi-year fundraising strategy towards meeting the organization’s annual contributed income budget (approximately $1M), strengthening brand visibility, and expanding marketing and communications efforts.
It is expected that the amount raised by Genesys Work New York City (GWNYC) will increase in future years as the Director of Development systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
- Secure philanthropic support from foundations, corporations, individuals, and other philanthropic entities by developing and executing individualized plans including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies; engaging donor prospects through face-to-face meetings; and other strategic communications.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive, multi-year development plan to strengthen how GWNYC implements development, and development best practices, across all levels of the organization.
- Assume clear responsibility for meeting or exceeding annual contributed income goals.
- Expand a well-established institutional (foundations, corporations, government) giving program.
- Manage grant writing consultant and build out a development team to support organizational needs.
- Work with the ED and the Corporate Partnerships team to increase the number of partners engaging in both earned and contributed revenue.
- Partner with the local Program Team to facilitate “pay-to-play” corporate partner volunteer opportunities, such as Mock Interview Day, Resume and LinkedIn Workshop, and prospective student interviews.
- Ensure best practice use of analytics, data, and metrics to forecast and track progress and success of fundraising goals, strategies, and tactics
- Maintain entity, gift, and prospect management records, including accurate call reports of all donor prospect meetings, in Salesforce.
- Serve as primary contact with digital media consultants to support communications and events.
- Work in collaboration with Genesys Works National Marketing to increase brand awareness in the market.
- Collaborate with Genesys Works National to develop Genesys Works NYC Annual Report.
- As a key member of GWNYC’s leadership team, support the organization’s vision and strategy and instill a culture of collaboration in the organization.
- Build a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
- Partner with the Executive Director to manage communication with and stewardship of the local Board of Advisors.
- Work with the Executive Director, Board Chair, and all board members to build the board’s capabilities in corporate giving and institutional and individual donor engagement, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Serve as a lead team member for project managing annual Breaking Through ceremony
- Collaborate with Genesys Works Chief Strategy & Growth Officer and National fundraising team on development efforts.
- Demonstrated success in growing a development function.
- Track record of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time, especially with corporate and individual donors.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement a multi-year strategic development plan.
- Passion for GWNYC’s mission, culture, and values is essential.
- Proven track record of growing corporate and institutional giving.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, manage multiple tasks at one time, and engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside GWNYC
- Aptitude for working with diverse community groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
Five to seven years of professional experience in a development role in a nonprofit organization.
How to Apply For Director of Development Genesys Works New York USA Jobs:
If you meet these qualifications and are passionate and energetic about Director of Development, we encourage you to apply for the position of Director of Development Genesys Works New York USA Jobs. Visit apply now button below to apply.
If this job is helpful for you please share it with your friends or family Thanks.