Associate Chief of Staff for Operations USA Jobs – We invite you to apply and provide services as the lead physician in the medical center’s Group Practice Management, and Quality Improvement initiatives.
The incumbent will work with the ICC chiefs and performance measure champions to improve processes to meet the performance measure goals and improve utilization management. Reviews requests for contracts and helps determine the best way to obtain the required resources.
The ACOS/O supervises a variety of staff, who are aligned under the Chief of Staff Office and serves on a broad spectrum of medical center committees, task forces, etc. Responsibilities include hands-on clinical work, oversight, and administration of all aspects of patient care, including an extensive research program and guidance and training for residents and other trainees.
Additionally, the incumbent is a member of the Medical Center Executive Leadership Team; VHA, and VISN-wide policies and procedures.
The VA Midwest Health Care Network advocates for a Whole Health System of care in each of the Medical Centers. This is an approach to healthcare that empowers and equips people to take charge of their health and well-being and live their lives to the fullest.
As an employee operating in a Whole Health System of care, you will operate in a model with three core elements, seeking to create a personalized health plan for each Veteran. This is done in the context of healing relationships and healing environments and a connection back to the Veteran’s community.
This aligns with the Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA) Mission Statement to Honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
Acts as a full assistant to the Chief of Staff in the efficient management of clinical and medical services to eligible patients and the active maintenance of a medical credentialing and privileging and/or scope of practice system for licensed independent practitioners, advanced practice providers, as well as credentialing of certain allied health practitioners per VA policy.
|Posted Date||May 23, 2023|
|Salary||$225,000 – $280,340 Per Year|
- Plans the provision of services with a patient-centered vision (in alignment with VHA guidelines and policies) to enhance patient education and shared decision-making.
- Establishes a customer-oriented culture and promotes the hiring of persons who demonstrate the ICARE values of integrity, commitment, advocacy, respect, and excellence.
- Develops a high-reliability organization through the direction of the continuous measurement and improvement of the quality of care provided by the service.
- Encourages and supports research and education missions.
- Works closely with the Associate Chief of Staff for Education.
- Facilitates translation of research findings into improved patient outcomes.
- Under the direction of the SFVAHCS governance structure, collaborates with the Executive Leadership Team and service chiefs in the development and execution of the overall strategic and business plan.
- Collaborates with other leaders to develop initiatives and programs in order to ensure coordination of service, reduction of redundancies, and enhancement of cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and overall productivity.
- Manages relationships with academic affiliates and supporting services to maximize efficiency and drive highly reliable operations.
- Develops an interdisciplinary team of innovative, highly motivated individuals who are continuously striving for excellence in patient care and customer service.
- Develops a team that is technically competent and understands the interrelationships of all the medical center services in achieving the mission.
- Responsible for assuring appropriate action in such matters as performance evaluations, performance pay, promotions, selections, awards and recognition, training, and problem resolution
- Demonstrates leadership in addressing ethical issues that impact clients and staff in/or beyond the organization/local healthcare community.
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing-designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to the appointment.
- Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Physicians must have completed residency training, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Preferred Experience: Board Certified/Eligible Internal Medicine.
- Displays critical thinking, decision-making, analysis, problem-solving, and analytical thinking.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in allopathic medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- The degree must have been obtained from an institution whose accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Schools of medicine accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) for the year in which the degree was granted,
- Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
How to Apply For Associate Chief of Staff for Operations USA Jobs:
If you meet these qualifications and are passionate and energetic about Associate Chief of Staff for Operations, we encourage you to apply for the position of Associate Chief of Staff for Operations USA Jobs. Visit apply now button below to apply.
If this job is helpful for you please share it with your friends or family Thanks.